[AG-TECH] AG on wireless

Tony Rimovsky tony at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 22 11:49:57 CST 2002

The discussion so far has revolved around 802.11{a,b} wireless which
is a host to network modality.

There is another wireless mode, which is point-to-point radios to
interconnect sites/networks.  We have successfully done this in the
past at the Alliance All-Hands meeting using equipment that provides a
100 Mbit/s wireless link to the hotel where we hold the meeting.

Dr. Hurley at CAU and I talked about this idea some a couple months
back as a possible technology path for some locations in Atlanta.

/tsr