[AG-TECH] AG rental

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Wed Jun 26 08:44:44 CDT 2002

Hey Jennifer,

We charge $35/hour, and I sort of stole that figure from
somebody else who may prefer to remain anonymous.  I figure
about $10/hour for a node op to setup and operate.  Then
there's the cost of ongoing maintenance, needing to keep
network folks "bought in," paying for projector bulbs, etc.,
etc.  I really doubt I could adequately itemize where the
$35/hour goes but, it seemed reasonable to me.  I'm not at
all out to make money off of it;  I just want to make sure
we have the $$$ to keep things going.

Also, I'm pretty loose on who I charge - we have one group who
likes to use it for quarterly meetings and they're happy to
pay for the service.  Since I currently have some NSF and DOE
funding, I'm able to pay for some of the support out of that
and can afford to let other groups use the AGN now and then
for PR and experimental purposes but, if someone comes and
wants to use it for a major event or a regular series of
meetings, I'm inclined to charge them.

Hope this helps a little,

Don

   Don Morton                   http://MRoCCS.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana
   Missoula, MT 59812 | Voice (406) 243-4975 | Fax (406) 243-5139