[AG-TECH] A video problem

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jun 25 00:48:12 CDT 2002

Kevin,

It may be that the ANL version of vic doesn't look for this script by
default (as the UCL vic does). You can test this by running vic from the
command line with the "-u" option:
	vic -u /home/ag/.vic.tcl 233.2.178.9/17008
(use any multicast group address you like). What should happen is that
the window in which the vic settings are made will open automatically
and the desired setting will be applied (according to contents of the
script) and then the settings window will close, leaving just the normal
vic window running with the correct settings.

If it works when run with the -u option and won't work without it, then
we can assume the ANL version has been changed to look elsewhere for a
startup script. If it doesn't work either way then we'll have to think
again.

BTW, since you are concerned with running in PAL vs NTSC, I am assuming
you are referring to the vic running on the video capture machine. If
that is so, then I'm also assuming you're running a Linux version of
vic? I'm almost certain this method won't work with the Windows version
of vic.

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3005
VisLab, A28                        Facsimile   (61-2) 9351 1880