[AG-TECH] A video problem

kevin dong kevindong at sdb.ac.cn
Mon Jun 24 04:08:06 CDT 2002

hi Christoph,

  I have completed the total configrations on the computers and configure the vic software with the .vic.tcl file you offered. But to my surprise, the output video I see is still in NTSC model though the menu window appears that the input signal is pal. So I must choice the pal mode manually. Do you know what the problem is?
  Thank you for you help.

kevin

======= 2002-06-12 10:08:00 you wrote:=======

>Kevin,
>
>Below is a script that we use to initialise preferred settings for our
>vic sessions. It should be named ".vic.tcl" and placed in the user's
>home directory (we have a generic access grid user login named "ag" so
>this script becomes /home/ag/.vic.tcl). You should change the script to
>reflect the exact settings you require.
>
>Note that we used a vic which we compiled ourselves from the UCL source
>code (version 4.2.4) but I presume that this technique will work with
>the "official" ANL version too.
>
>chris
>
>On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 15:26, kevin dong wrote:
>>    Every time when I open the video capture, the signal type in the video infomation box is set to NTSC ,not PAL. How can I initialize the signal type to PAL??
>>    Looking forward to any help.
>>

>> kevin dong
>> 2002-06-11
>> Database Dept.
>> Computer Network Info Center,China Academy of Sciences
>> Tel: 0086-10-62580066
>> Fax: 0086-10-62578544
>> Email:kevin_dong2000 at yahoo.com,kevindong at sdb.ac.cn
>

>#########################################################################
># vic startup script .vic.tcl
>#
>option add Vic.maxbw	3072 50
>option add Vic.bandwidth 3072 50
>option add Vic.framerate 16 50
>option add Vic.quality 85 75
>option add Vic.rtpName " AG Sydney"
>option add Vic.defaultTTL 32
>#
># The procedure named 'user_hook' is called when vic starts up;
># this version of the procedure starts transmission.
>#
>proc user_hook {} {
>	global inputPort inputType fps videoDevice videoDeviceList

> [...]

kevin dong
2002-06-24
Email:kevin_dong2000 at yahoo.com,kevindong at sdb.ac.cn