[AG-TECH] AG Projector options?

Luc Renambot renambot at cs.vu.nl
Thu Jul 18 12:35:37 CDT 2002

On the graphics card side, it shouldn't be a problem
anymore: the new Matrox Parhelia could do 3 outputs at
1280x1024, the Nvidia Quadro4 NVS could do the same for
4 outputs, both over an AGP slot (compared to the previous
cards on PCI).

Projectors is more an issue. From a quick look at Epson
website:
    model 715c  -> 1024x768  --> $  3700
    model 9100i -> 1280x1024 --> $ 14000

That's why we are working on getting AG videos on our
tiled-display of 4x2 projectors (8x1024x768 -> 4096x15360).
You really get more space. On the other end, you need more
PCs to drive it (which are used to process more videos).

Luc.