[AG-TECH] AG Projector options?

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 18 12:22:31 CDT 2002

The other trade-off for higher resolution projectors is also space.  You
get smaller pixels if you put the same display geometry up with more
pixels.  This makes the video smaller, fonts smaller, etc.  There is a
sweet spot where a group of people can read the standard font sizes at a
certain distance (which defines pixel size).  After you get to that
sweet spot you need to add more projectors to get more pixels :-).

This is a very cool space to explore, and I'd love to do some literature
searches for what the optimal size is.  I seem to remember 10 arc
radians is the smallest comfortable feature size for a person, which I
have not backsolved to define the appropriate pixel sizes.  It would be
cool to do that too.

--Ivan

Ivan R. Judson .~. http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~judson
Futures Laboratory .~.  630 252 0920
Argonne National Laboratory .~. 630 252 6424 Fax