[AG-TECH] help

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 9 08:54:05 CST 2002

At 05:15 PM 2/8/2002 -0600, Hailong Li wrote:
>Dear Sir or Madam,
>
>My name is Hailong Li. I am a new AG Node Operator of Jackson State
>University.
>Our new AGN has some thing wrong, would you please to help me?

Hi --

>Q1. When I tried to contact Outside AGN, in the Access Grid Lobby
>window,  there
>was a message: Waiting for video...., the video never came up.

This may be because your multicast networking is not working. Are you
running a beacon? (http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Beacon/, beacon is
installed on AG node software by default, but not turned on).

>Q2. About the Audio System. From the control machine, after launch the AP-Ware
>program, when click the connect button, I got the error message in the Message
>Log window:
>
>12:12:10( Error-16) Thereis no DSR Signal. Check cabling and make sure you
>have
>a device at the other end.
>12:12:12(Error-1) No response from AP Units
>12:12:12(AP-Ware) Disconnecting from the site.

Are you sure you have a good serial cable, that it's plugged into the
proper port, and that the baud rates match?

--bob