[AG-TECH] bttv drivers on Redhat 7.3

JB Gallagher jbgallag at flash.uchicago.edu
Thu Aug 15 17:01:48 CDT 2002

Hello All,

Does anyone out there have any pointers for getting the bttv drivers to
work (or even build) under RedHat 7.3 (kernel 2.4.18-7)? I've followed
all the directions on different bttv related web sites (main point being
I patched my 2.4.x kernel with a patch generated by a script that came
with the bttv source), but in the end I can't get bttv-driver.c to even
compile. I'm using bttv version 0.7.65, and I get a compiler error with
a function in the first piece of c code (bttv-driver.c) complaining that
a function has too few arguments passed to it. I don't have the exact
error handy because the machine the attempted build was done on is
currently down, but the error is ana ctual syntax error, I'm sort of
wondering if the stock gcc with redhat 7.3 has problems. At any rate I
was just wondering if anyone had tried this yet and what sort of
problems they encountered.

thanks,

Brad Gallagher
ASCI Flash Center