[AG-TECH] Audio Codec question

Art Ziarko aziarko at insors.com
Mon Apr 1 11:21:21 CST 2002

We have done testing with the audio codecs at 8k,16,32&48k sampling rates
for sound quality and bandwidth utilization and have found U-law at 16K  to
sound just as good if not better than Linear-16  and  uses 128k instead of
256k for linear-16. It seems that the default is linear-16 however.
Art Ziarko
inSORS Integrated Communications, Inc.
111 W. Jackson Blvd., Suite 1412
Chicago, IL 60604