[AG-TECH] Audio Codec question

Edward Aalseth eaalseth at salud.unm.edu
Mon Apr 1 10:10:41 CST 2002

Our AG node has been available for several months now but recently a
question about what codec is appropriate for audio use has come up.  Our
default is set to Linear-16 but being uncompressed this seems like a
waste of bandwidth but seems to work.  There are numerous other audio
codec options available but I'm just not sure which one is the most
commonly used.  What do most AG sites use?

Edward Aalseth
Technical Support Analyst II
Health Sciences Library & Informatics Center
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM  87131-5686

505.272.0650 (phone)  505.540.1684 (page)
eaalseth at salud.unm.edu