[AG-TECH] AG users feedback & AG-Community mailing list

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Fri Sep 7 10:55:38 CDT 2001

Wenjun,

Thank you for providing a good opening for this conversation. As you know
through our previous correspondance, I'm interested in the human studies
work you're pursuing, and believe that it is useful to better explore
human factors and the AG.

I think one possible starting point for the type of work that you
mention below would be a brainstorming-type meeting among those who have
participated in and/or supported a number of AG events, to provide the
type of feedback you describe below; this meeting would preferably be held
over the AG (in large part to avoid the participants incurring travel
costs). I know there are a few of us at BU who would provide useful input
to such a meeting, and I'm sure there are others at any number of AG
sites. (In fact, if you were to announce such a meeting, I suspect you'll
get an overwhelming response -- you may also want to consider the strategy
of having a brainstorming meeting for a small group of users and
technologists, in conjunction with a web-based survey or something
similar.)

Such a meeting (or series of meetings?) might also help those who operate
the AG nodes, and those who do not operate nodes but do participate in
meetings over the AG, to better understand each others' experiences.

I am interested in continuing to discuss this topic and participating in
whatever ways are possible, as your work in this area evolves.

Yours,
Jennifer Teig von Hoffman
Senior Analyst/Consultant
Office of Information Technology