[AG-TECH] Gentner AP-Ware?

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 7 07:01:30 CDT 2001

Are you using a standard straight-thru DB9-DB9 serial cable? I wonder if
it's a flow control thing or some hw mismatch that is triggered by the new
software. Also doublecheck the baud rate matches between the gentner (on
the front panel) and apware.

The meter lights flashing make me wonder if your gentner has been somehow
set to be in slave mode. Aha. From the ap400 docs:

>If the units are not connected correctly, you may experience a
>synchronization error. This error occurs when slave units are not
>receiving a signal from the master unit. Meter LED "+12" will flash red
>and Meter LEDs "0", "-4", and "-30" flash green on affected slave units.
>The error is a result of one of two problems: incorrect master/slave
>configuration or a broken G-Link connection.
>
>If it is a master/slave configuration error, LEDs will flash on a unit
>that is designated as a slave unit but does not have a master unit. To
>correct the problem, make certain that MIXER MODE for the master unit is
>set to MASTER-LINKED and not to MASTER-SINGLE (See Step 4—MIXER MODE, next
>page).
>
>If the error is in the G-Link connection, LEDs flash on the units that are
>physically not connected to master unit. To correct the problem, check for
>broken connections, and simply reconnect the G-Links.

--bob