[AG-TECH] VIC and RAT to easedrop

Jin Tian jintian at nlsde.buaa.edu.cn
Wed Oct 31 03:49:40 CST 2001

Hi, Marty,

For vic problem:
The UCL vic has bugs that cause it to crash when sending video in Win2k, especially when you have dual CPUs. We have done modifications so that 4 vics can be quite stable when sending 4 videos in 2 CPUs. If you are interested, you can download at http://www.nlsde.buaa.edu.cn/admire/software/vic/en/    (for Win2K, Direct8.0).

======= At 2001-10-30, You wrote =======

>   I've used both on various windows systems.  You can even use Bob's
>ddvic or non-ddvic if all you want to do is watch.  Does rat show the
>other sites in the member list?  Did you check the various mixer levels
>to make sure one isn't muted or has it's volume very low (double click
>on the speaker icon).  You might also check the rat options.  I do have
>one recent Dell Latitude C800 laptop that is a nice machine but when I
>try to run rat I get weird noise after 30-60 seconds - I'm at home and
>have forgotten the sound chip set that uses but haven't figured out
>a solution.  But we've used various versions of rat on other systems
>(NT, W2K, even w98).
>
>   If you are on the moo you might be able to find someone who could
>head to the test room to check things out with you.
>
>   Marty

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

  Best Wishes to u.

	Jin Tian(金天)
	PhD. Student
	Advance Network Technologies Group (Admire Group)
	http://www.nlsde.buaa.edu.cn/projects/admire/
	National Lab of Software Development Environment
	Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
	P.B.: 2-83# 37 Xueyuan Road  Beijing 100083  P.R.China
	E.B.: jintian at nlsde.buaa.edu.cn
	P.N.: (86)(10)82317603(O)