[AG-TECH] Windmer problem?

Mike Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 02:04:25 CST 2001

I experienced a problem when trying to have a meeting in Windmer yesterday.

Symptom: I ran vtc over the bridge on my display and video PCs. I was able
to transmit video feeds using the video machine, but on my display machine,
I got that message, "Waiting for video..." Rat was fine (I think; I was the
only one in there at the time). I think HLRS, Stuttgart got a similar
problem, but I'm not sure whether they were using the bridge, or what the
exact problem was they were having.

I don't know whether this is a bridge problem, or what... Anyway, we ended
up using Bridgeport for the rehearsals. Of course, at SC Global, I don't
know what we'd do given the same problem... (Will there be lots of free VVs
available?)

Mike Daw
Computer Services for Academic Research (CSAR)
Manchester Computing, Kilburn Building, University of Manchester,
Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 7026 Fax: +44 (0)161 275 6800
Email: mike.daw at man.ac.uk
http://www.mcc.ac.uk