[AG-TECH] Multicast beacon questions

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 26 06:44:06 CDT 2001

hey,

a pointer that might be helpful is:

http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/rqm/

it's a rtp/rtcp based monitor of a group.  This would be pointed *at* the
audio or video group and tell you information on that group.  I believe the
statistics are less network based and more application based, but that might
not be a bad thing.

It's probably not a replacement for the beacon, but it might be another
level of information that's helpful and less taxing.

--Ivan