[AG-TECH] Multicast beacon questions

Chris Greenhalgh cmg at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Fri Oct 26 03:06:54 CDT 2001

> I understand your concern about beacon scalability.  We will be
> examining mechanisms such as using RTP data in order to try to lower
> the overhead of using the beacon in large communities.

I gather there are at least three candidate mechanisms for RTCP
aggregate bandwidth management (scaling each sender's rate so
that the total of all senders is bounded; in RTP/RTCP this is to some
fraction of the total data traffic). This would seem an obvious place to
look, as long as noone is relying on '10pps' as a magic number

Chris Greenhalgh