[AG-TECH] Missed heartbeat - ORB problem

Mike Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Wed Nov 21 05:56:11 CST 2001

I'm having trouble with my audio machine and running arm-eventlistener. I'm
not getting a heartbeat. (By the way, I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do
with my /etc/hosts file or running set-display-machine as I've fiddled
around in these areas for ages.)

The error I'm getting from arm-eventlistener is:
Warning: ORB::BOA_init: hostname lookup returned 'localhost' (127.0.0.1)

Incidentally, it would be useful to look at the code that's outputting this
error, so I can see what exactly it's trying to do. Is it on RedHat AG
distribution? If so, where is it?

Mike Daw
Computer Services for Academic Research (CSAR)
Manchester Computing, Kilburn Building, University of Manchester,
Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 7026 Fax: +44 (0)161 275 6800
Email: mike.daw at man.ac.uk
http://www.mcc.ac.uk