[AG-TECH] Gentner Echo Cancellation

Marty Hoag Marty_Hoag at NDSU.NODAK.EDU
Fri May 25 12:27:23 CDT 2001

"Jeff W. Boote" wrote:

> Ok, I have a question for you gentner aficionados out there...
>
> How can I verify that echo cancellation is working without another node
> involved? When echo cancellation is not working - everyone else hears the echo,
> not me.  As far as I can tell, I am using the correct settings, but my node
> introduces echo.  (And, I had to dismantle our node this week to move all our
> hardware to another location.) I would like to verify that echo cancellation is
> working in the gentner before putting everything back together - I'm wondering
> if there is a hardware problem with my gentner... Is there a simple way to
> verify it?
>
> jeff

   While the reflector works well for general audio quality, I think
echo problems are probably easier to check with another "node".  In the
past we've used another system with rat installed (desktop or laptop
running windows) and used a headset / mic for that so we could generate
sound into the local node and hear the results.  You should turn up the
listen volumes on the system used to test with though so you can hear
echo.

   Of course, there is the test room and you can often get other sites
to join you there for some testing.

   Marty