[AG-TECH] Re: USM/MSU Multicast Setup

Jonas Talandis jonast at evl.uic.edu
Wed May 16 13:26:41 CDT 2001

I am happy to help you out though my network skills are near nil. The place
to start for general information on Access Grid is www.accessgrid.org

 From there you can find more than you ever want to know but the links
below may be useful.
Also the AG community <ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov> is quite supportive of new
users getting their sites enabled.
Bill Nickless <nickless at mcs.anl.gov> of ANL is a particularly useful
resource for network issues.

http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/fl/accessgrid/ag-faqs.htm
I'm having trouble with multicast.
Abilene has a multicast cookbook available here.
Bill Nickless has put together some notes on wide-area multicast here.
Other resources include
Cisco multicast web pages
Internet2 multicast working group
NCNE, the National Center for Network Engineering at Pittsburgh
Supercomputer Center,   webpages

http://www.ncne.nlanr.net/software/tools/multicast.html

Give me a holler whenever. I'm still trying to work out whether I can make
it down to CHL during that time.

At 12:56 PM 5/16/01 , you wrote:
>I was asked yesterday to setup multicast for the University of Southern
>Mississippi and Mississippi State University's Internet2 connection at two
>locations.  I was given your name as a possible contact for help in setting up
>multicast on these Cisco routers.  I just wanted to drop you an email to ask
>your permission to bug you when I get into a jam?
>
>Also, if you know of any websites that would help in setting up these routers,
>please forward the URLs to me when you have time.  They would like to have the
>multicast up by Tuesday, May 22, 2001.  I am at Stennis Space Center today, if
>you would like to speak, the number is 228-688-2650.
>
>I have heard you may be down here the week of May 28th.  If so, please let me
>know when so I can rearrange my schedule to be here at the same time.
>
>Thank you for your time!
>
>djs
>
>--
>David J. Sliman