[AG-TECH] Tweaking video encoding and testing

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 29 21:04:58 CST 2001

At 12:53 29/03/01 -0700, Gary Orser wrote:
>Any idea why I'm generating 800k at ~10fps of video,
>when others are getting 25fps at about 150k?
>
>I've tried mucking with the slider bars in vic, but when I put
>the max rate at 150k, I only get 1 or 2 fps??

Check the lighting. Fluoro lighting can beat quite severely with the video
capture. I've often found rooms where I switched from the overhead fluoro
to incandescent and halved the bandwidth *and* doubled the framerate -
without touching the vic sliders.

YMMV :-)

Cheers,
	Markus

Markus Buchhorn, Faculty of Engineering and IT,          | Ph: +61 2 61258810
email: markus.buchhorn at anu.edu.au, mail: CSIT Bldg #108  |Fax: +61 2 61250010
Australian National University, Canberra 0200, Australia |Mobile: 0417 281429