[AG-TECH] New Gentner Software

Thomas Eickermann th.eickermann at fz-juelich.de
Fri Jul 27 10:14:00 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a perl/tk script that controls our AP400.
It's not yet finished  (telco support and a few details are not
completed),
but already usable.
We run it on our audio-capture machine, where it eats up less than 3%
cpu.
If you want to try it, take a look at:

http://www.fz-juelich.de/scglobal/software/

regards,
Thomas

Bob Olson wrote:

> That would be a great thing if someone wanted to do it. It's not hard,
> just a fairly large amount of detail to cope with to get it useful &
> right. There are other reasons for doing just htat, including enabling hte
> creation of a unified control panel application.
>
> --bob
>
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Jay Beavers wrote:
>
> > Ya know, all the Gentner software is doing is sending a series of text
> > commands through a serial port.
> >
> > With all the inconveniences we keep seeing with the software (OS
> > incompatibility, CPU utilization, UI overload), I wonder if it might be
> > useful to clearly articulate exactly what it is we need the software to
> > do and then use a simple UI program developed in spec with the very well
> > documented serial protocol to create an AG specific Gentner control
> > program.
> >
> >  - jcb

Dr. Thomas Eickermann
Zentralinstitut fuer Angewandte Mathematik
Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
D-52425 Juelich
                                     Phone: +49 2461 61-6596
Email: Th.Eickermann at fz-juelich.de   Fax:   +49 2461 61-6656