[AG-TECH] AG Hardware Specs

Joshua COLE joshua at softopia.pref.gifu.jp
Tue Jul 10 19:36:21 CDT 2001

We are currently looking into building an Access Grid node.  Right now we
are considering a small node audio configuration with a few modifications,
but we have a few questions we'd like to ask before we start buying
equipment.

Display Computer: It looks like we cannot buy the the Matrox G400 Dual-head
AGP Graphics Adapter through our vendors in Japan.  We are planning to buy
the G450 instead--do you think this would pose any problems?

Video Capture Computer and Number of Cameras: We are thinking of using only
two cameras in our setup instead of the recommended four.  Therefore, we
only plan on buying two Hauppauge 401 video capture cards.  Do you foresee
any problems with this arrangement?

Audio Capture Computer and Number of Microphones: We are thinking of using
only two microphones in our setup instead of the four recommended in a small
node configuration.  Therefore, we only plan on buying two Soundblaster PCI
Digital (instead of the SB128) cards.  Do you foresee any problems with this
arrangement?

Projectors: It looks like we cannot buy the Epson ELP-710c through our
vendors in Japan.  We are planning to buy the ELP-703 instead--do you think
this would pose any problems?  Also, we are thinking of using only two
projectors in our setup instead of the recommended three.  Do you foresee
any problems with this arrangement?

Thank you for your assistance!

--
Joshua Cole
Coordinator of International Relations
joshua at softopia.pref.gifu.jp
TEL: +81-584-77-1115; FAX: +81-584-77-1105