[AG-TECH] AGN Computer Specs

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Wed Jan 10 08:35:36 CST 2001

"Barbara A. Kucera" wrote:

> share the info.  I'm sure the ANL folks and others understand that you're
> not being critical, just trying to be helpful so others don't find
> themselves in the same spot.

Well, I hope there was no offense taken.  I was coming at this from
the point that, up to now they've probably dealt with folks who
do this every day, but now the dummies like me are coming out,
and not necessarily looking at the specs in the way they'd hoped.
I recall my real motivation for going with the SAG specs was just
a sense of confidence that getting "those" machines would eliminate
compatibility problems.  Now that all these components have come
in and I'm putting things together, I'm understanding that just
about ANY computer with the right slots and power would probably
do the trick - I wasn't so confident in that back when I ordered
stuff, but a list of specific equipment was the comfort I needed.
As I analyse that list in Appendix 1, though, I don't see how it
can meet the specs in a couple of cases.

--
Don Morton                     http://www.cs.umt.edu/u/morton/
Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana