[AG-TECH] Text search system for AG like Google.

Hiroyuki Komatsu komatsu at taiyaki.org
Sun Feb 11 07:26:54 CST 2001

I have set up a full text retrieval search system for AG like
Google.

* For ag-tech ML
http://taiyaki.is.titech.ac.jp/~komatsu/ag/namazu.cgi

* For AG homepage (http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/fl/accessgrid/)
http://taiyaki.is.titech.ac.jp/~komatsu/ag2/namazu.cgi

This system is made by Namazu that is a full-test search engine.
(http://www.namazu.org/)  It's very easy to install this.
Now I'm privately using it.  But I hope that the AG homepage will
have publicly this system.

How to quick setting up is following:

1) Install Namazu into your system
Please read http://www.namazu.org/ ;-) and download a suitable binary
package or source code.  If your system is Debian, just run
"apt-get install namazu".

2) Download html files of AG homepage
% cd <PATH-AG>
% wget -r -A html,htm,txt -l0 -np -N 'http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/fl/accessgrid/'

<PATH-AG> is a directory that can be accessed via HTTP.
After wget, <PATH-AG> will have a subdir 'www-fp.mcs.anl.gov'.

3) Write a config-file / Make indices of html file.
% cd <PATH-AG>
% cat > .namazurc
INDEX <PATH-AG>
REPLACE <PATH-AG>  http://
^D
% mknmz

Wait a moment to make indices, it'll take one or two minutes.

4) Copy namazu.cgi to <PATH-AG>
% cp /usr/lib/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi <PATH-AG>  (Debian environment)

When you correctly modify config files, this copy isn't necessary.
This action is merely for quick setup. :)

5) Enjoy catfish-fishing!

If you have some troubles to set up, please let me know and I will
help you.

Thank you.

----
Hiroyuki Komatsu