[AG-TECH] Voyageur Recording

Marty Hoag Marty.Hoag at ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Dec 14 13:37:07 CST 2001

"Ivan R. Judson" wrote:

> http://www.arachnoid.com/abouttime/
>
> works very well for windows (2k, XP, et al).
>
> This is a good solution for the display/control boxes that are out there.
>
> --Ivan

  I think it was Bill that first pointed out to me that W/2k has inherent
support for ntp time syncing.  Although Voyager only requires the sync for
the sourcing machines (usually video and audio capture) it is nice to have
everything on the same time.  ;-)

  From the notes Bill put on the moo back in September, 2000, and some
subsequent testing or research we do the following on the new w2k boxes
to set this up:

1) From command prompt enter
   net time /setsntp:host
   Examples:  net time /setsntp:140.221.8.88
      or      net time /setsntp:"clock1.foo.bar clock2.foo.bar"

2) Next start the Windows Time service in the Start/Settings/Control Panel
   /Administrative Services/Services  settings.  You will want to change it
   to Automatic (so it starts on boot) and Start it (so it is running now).

   Marty