[AG-TECH] Weekly SCG Constellation Site Nanocruises

Mary Fritsch fritsch at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 17 17:02:10 CDT 2001

AT POINT THIS:

We are really driving towards SCGlobal at SC2001, so in the light, please
make sure that your site is :

 >>full operational in physical space, equipment, networking/multicast, AG
software, personnel resources

 >>doing internal audio and mic checks "before" the nanocruises (use
Reflector as well as other personnel at your site)
        http://www.mcs.anl.gov/scglobal/nanocruises/AudioTutorial.ppt

 >>running NTP (this is imperative for us to run Voyager recordings of our
wonderful cruises)
        http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/fl/accessgrid/recordings.htm

 >>very familiar with Distributed Powerpoint, we will try to go through
this (Check out the slides at
        http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp/guide/dppt/1.0.6/html/x67.htm)

NEED TO FILL NEXT FEW WEEKS    Teach us something!
I still need Leaders for nanocruises - Tuesday, August 21 (9am Central
session), Thursday, August 23 & Thursday, August 30.
I need a volunteer to volunteer distribute and talk through a Powerpoint
presentation for all of us on the topic of their choice.  This will give
our new Constellation Sites a better feel for events, rather than just
testing now.  Thanks :)

Please try to pick a day and let me know if you can lead one of these short
nanocruises.  I have setup regular Tues/Thur telecons for this effort.  You
should have a PowerPoint presentation to be used via dppt at all of these;
therefore, you should be proficient in teaching and troubleshooting this
function, as well as audio and video, etc.

Any and all volunteers appreciated :)  If you have any questions, feel free
to contact me or call me at 630.252.5297.

Mary Fritsch
SCG Cruise Director