AG Demonstrations at SC00

Daniel A. Reed reed at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Sep 16 20:54:16 CDT 2000

At 02:01 PM 9/13/2000 -0500, Rick Stevens wrote:
>I'd like to get some ideas for AG demonstrations at SC00.
>
>A number of groups will have AG nodes on the show floor at SC00, and also
>up at remote sites.
>
>We are currently in discussion to plan a set of interactions with
>the European data grid project, CERN and a European conference that is running
>at the same time at SC in Nice, France.
>
>I'd like to suggest some other possible SC'00 AG related demos..

Great idea.  We probably need at least one site on the floor, though, that
has a few chairs for folks to watch these.  If we do this, we ought to
publicize a mini-tutorial schedule.

>1. Alliance software mini-tutorials (Here I'm thinking of 30-60 minute
>presentations on
>Alliance developed Software systems.. these could be from the show floor
>or from remote
>sites.. this would include Q+A.
>
>2. Remote visualization Demonstrations via the AG. There are a number of
>groups
>that have developed

If we did this right, we could have a "roving reporter" with a wireless
network card and a wearble computer who could interview folks.  I've got a
couple of NT wearables that we could use.

>3. "Reports" from SC'00.. daily summaries of interesting things live from the
>show floor in the late after noon on each of the conference days.
>
>4. Novel AG applications workshop.. an AG based open discussion session on
>new applications
>ideas for the AG.
>
>5. Live BOFs on the Grid..
>
>If you have ideas and suggestions please email them to this list.. we
>would like to finalize on
>the AG Demo plans next week.
>
>Thanks
>
>--Rick Stevens

Daniel A. Reed
Director, National Computational Science
Alliance          Internet:      reed at ncsa.uiuc.edu
National Center for Supercomputing
Applications            Telephone:  217-244-0078
University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign                      FAX:          217-244-8195