AG Demonstrations at SC00

Rick Stevens stevens at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 13 14:01:08 CDT 2000

I'd like to get some ideas for AG demonstrations at SC00.

A number of groups will have AG nodes on the show floor at SC00, and also
up at remote sites.

We are currently in discussion to plan a set of interactions with
the European data grid project, CERN and a European conference that is running
at the same time at SC in Nice, France.

I'd like to suggest some other possible SC'00 AG related demos..

1. Alliance software mini-tutorials (Here I'm thinking of 30-60 minute
presentations on
Alliance developed Software systems.. these could be from the show floor or
from remote
sites.. this would include Q+A.

2. Remote visualization Demonstrations via the AG. There are a number of groups
that have developed

3. "Reports" from SC'00.. daily summaries of interesting things live from the
show floor in the late after noon on each of the conference days.

4. Novel AG applications workshop.. an AG based open discussion session on
new applications
ideas for the AG.

5. Live BOFs on the Grid..

If you have ideas and suggestions please email them to this list.. we would
like to finalize on
the AG Demo plans next week.

Thanks

--Rick Stevens