System Board on AG Machines

Marty Hoag Marty_Hoag at NDSU.NODAK.EDU
Wed May 24 16:55:02 CDT 2000

   We're (finally) trying to spec out actual node hardware.  One local vendor we
have used for other projects (and thus which has a local contract - would
expedite ordering) apparently uses the "Intel L440GX" or "Intel L440GX+" system
boards.  Has anyone had experience with them.  Once concern I have is that they
have an integrated Intel Etherexpress Pro 100 and Cirrus Logic SVGA display
adapters.  Does the display adapter "get in the way" of the quad adapter on the
display machine?  I haven't talked to the vendor yet but thought I'd put out a
check here to see if anyone had run into these.  Thanks.  Marty