VIC Trouble on NT 4.0

Allan Kenneth Spale aspale1 at uic.edu
Tue Jun 13 15:37:28 CDT 2000

EVL has tried to use the newest version of VIC on NT with more trouble
than usual.  It seems that the video streams only relevant to EVL have
trouble staying active for very long.  However, where the video streams
are originating on a Linux box, the video streams coming into that VIC are
ok.  The only thing in the VIC of the Linux box that is different is that
the members window only will contain EVL and no one else that was
previously transmitting on the AG.

Right now we are used the non-patched older version of VIC on the NT box.
It has been running ok for a few hours, except when I had to cut the audio
on RAT because other people were working on the presentation for Thursday
in the room where our AG node is.  I fixed some things, and all seems ok.

I have downloaded the DebugView for NT.  Have not had a chance to run it
because of my lack of administrative privledges.  Will this help diagnose
the problem?

If it is possible, anyone with answers should respond by Thursday morning
because that is when EVL presents at Chautauqua.  If not, it is not
serious because the old version of VIC on the NT is ok.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Allan (Node-op at EVL)