nt multicast - vic/rat

Jeff Ramacher jeffr at mhpcc.edu
Fri Jul 28 19:27:17 CDT 2000

FYI:  my dual-homed nt office machine has two way video working now with
vic.  There may be an issue with the 3com 3c905c nic under nt not
receiving multicast traffic properly.  I have two adapters: 3c905b and
3c905c.  The 3c905c was on the ag net, but I could apparently only send
out video and not receive it.  After switching the cabling (3c905b is on
now on the ag net) I get video both ways.  There may be a fix for the
3c905c card (on nt), but I'm not going to worry about it now.

As it turns out, it doesn't matter that I have 2 multicast routes after
all.

Finally, I can't get rat to show its user interface on this machine.  I
have closed vic, but that didn't help.  rat.exe and ratui.exe are both
listed in the task manager, but I don't see the interface anywhere.  Any
ideas?  This is the latest version of rat.

Thanks in advance.
--
Jeff Ramacher (jeffr at mhpcc.edu)                | (808) 879-5077, x264
Maui High Performance Computing Center (MHPCC) | fax (808) 879-5018