Update on Wed 5 pm: Talking Circle - President Clinton Demo]

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 13 10:18:57 CDT 2000

At 05:15 PM 4/12/2000 -0600, Frank Gilfeather wrote:
>I note that the two other demos the president may see are PicTel - so if
>we can pull it off it is a big step foreward for the Alliance AG program.

How many screens will you have in the VisLab for the AG?  We may be on
shaky ground if it's only a single screen, since part of the AG concept is
having the wide range of media available. If we're side-by-side with a
PicTel system we don't want to be in narrow-screen videoconference mode.

Along this same line, I encourage you to have a Win2k system there  using
the DirectDraw vic for the dipslya machine. This will greatly increase the
video quality in terms of visible loss in frame rate.

--bob