Update on Wed 5 pm: Talking Circle - President Clinton Demo]

Frank Gilfeather gilfeath at ahpcc.unm.edu
Wed Apr 12 18:15:48 CDT 2000

All,

"Digital Talking Circle" - symbolically my guess is that we will pass the floor
around the screen without jumping back to the modertor - so we need to pass the
virtual right to speak from site to site - perhads west to east or something -
it will be agreed to on Sunday's call .  Ironically this is basically how the
AG functions anyway.  We need to add this language and the context to the lore
of the AG.  See we gained something already from this exercise.  Evan's
extended description of a talking circle is at
http://www.eot.ahpcc.unm.edu/DTC.htm.  Clinton will not participate but would
look in on it in progress - our hope.

We are still organizing this and feel there is a home run if we pull it off.
Neal Lane will be in NM with Clinton so we feel there is a good chance this
will be seen by the President.

For Monday, we would like to have Larry and Dan if possible at NCSA, a group,
yet identified at NSF at ACCESS/DC along with Phil, ANL of course, BU, UK,
MHPCC, UNM of course .  We need to test on Sunday and stand by for a period on
Monday.  Times will become better focused closer to Monday BUT I personnally
fear time will overtake the President and he may miss Dine' altogether (Dine'
is the third stop on his 2.5 hr visit.).  NSF has not been notified so I am
including Elbert.

Currently we may set up in the visz lab where the president may go (this
depends on Neal Lane getting Clinton from the lobby to the visz room) to see a
PicTel demo by Livermore The idea is to still do the talking circle from the
visz lab.  I note that the two other demos the president may see are PicTel -
so if we can pull it off it is a big step foreward for the Alliance AG
program.  Lane is aware that the current agenda has the president in the lobby
of Dine' only and that he wants to take Clinton to the visz lab.

Everyone on site - the Navajo group (represented by Al Kuslikis)and the UNM
group are working hard - other agencies are joining in.  Bill and our team(s)
here  have been doing tremoundous things.  We are greatly indebted to many of
committed folks.

Frank

A web site with a reference to the trip is
http://www.pub.whitehouse.gov/uri-res/I2R?urn:pdi://oma.eop.gov.us/2000/4/5/10.text.1

PS

Unfortunately i will probably not be present as a family health matter takes
presidence.

--
Frank Gilfeather

Ph 505-277-8249, Fax 277-8235