Your Help Needed in Recording the BU Chautauqua

Lisa C. Childers childers at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Sep 12 16:06:55 CDT 1999

Folks,

During the BU Chautauqua, ANL plans to record the network-based,
public-channel audio and video streams that are tranmitted over the grid.
To make the recordings, we will be using our multimedia record and
playback engine, called Voyager.  These recordings will be archived so
that we can replay them long after the Chautauqua.  Voyager clients will
be available for download so that the entire AG will have access to these
recordings.  Our goal is to capture some excellent moments of the
AccessGrid in action!

In order to make this happen, we need your help.  You need to make sure
the following software is running on your audio and video capture machines
EARLY ON MONDAY:

	* All VIDEO and AUDIO CAPTURE machines on the grid must be running
NTP clients for time-synchronization.  See
http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/fl/accessgrid/recordings.htm for more
information.  If you're not NTP-synched, your node's streams won't show up
during playback.

	* Install a new version of rat.  The current rat has a bug in it's
RTP packet timestamping algorithm.  A new version of the rat binary for
linux is available at
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/AG/Software/Linux/RPMS/ucl-rat-4.0.4sr-1.i386.rpm.
(To install this version of rat, you may need to uninstall the current
version with "rpm -e ucl-rat".)  If you are not up to AG-spec, and are
running some other os on your audio machine, email me asap.

Again - It is important that we have the new software installed early in
the day of Monday's MegaCruise!

Thank you,
Lisa