New builds of media tools for Linux

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 16 16:05:45 CDT 1999

I've compiled the latest release versions of vic and rat for Linux and packaged
them as RPMs. Also available are RPMs for the session directory tool sdr
and the
UCL network text editor nte. These are available at the AG software download
page:

http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/fl/accessgrid/softdownload.htm#linux

You can also directly install them via the following shell script:

#!/bin/sh

base="http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/AG/Software/Linux/RPMS"

rpm -i $base/ucl-vic-2.8ucl4-1.i386.rpm
rpm -i $base/ucl-rat-4.0.4-1.i386.rpm
rpm -i $base/ucl-sdr-2.6.3-1.i386.rpm
rpm -i $base/ucl-nte-1.7.0-1.i386.rpm

The software will install into /usr/local/ag/bin. Note that I'm starting to set
up to install all the AG software under /usr/local/ag. It'll probably
reorganize a bit before we're done, but it'll have that feel.

--bob