Redundancy

Ghafour Taghizadeh ghafour at pop.uky.edu
Fri Jul 16 08:07:14 CDT 1999

Last Tuesday during Dr. Connoolly's rehearsal, we could not transmit our
video streams because of NT or multicast. Also, audio from UNM was not
clear and no audio from Utah. I was thinking about redundancy during the
real presentations. The presentations will be for at least 2 days.

Here are my questions:
1- How many times are we supposed to reboot the NT box
2- How many times do we have to go the bridge and multicast back and fort?
3- Do we have infrastructures in place to support redundancy and seamless
transition?
4-Is possible to have redundancy procedures so all the sites will follow
them?

Any suggestions?

We have come a long way. We just need to make it perfect!

Ghafour Taghizadeh
Network Engineering, Management & Operations Center(NEMOC)
University of Kentucky
e-mail: ghafour at uky.edu
Tel.: (606) 257-9790
Fax.: (606) 257-9009