multicast testing

Bill Nickless nickless at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 7 15:00:29 CDT 1999

Just a quick note of emphasis--

There is literally NO state that can be traced through the network if you
do not have a multicast client running at your site.  All multicast state
is transient--whether it be on local switches talking IGMP, local routers
that talk DVMRP or PIM, or border routers doing M-BGP and MSDP.  Leaving a
vic up at your site, as Bob requests below, is the only way for that state
to be present for us network geeks to probe at and debug.

--
Bill Nickless    http://www.mcs.anl.gov/people/nickless      +1 630 252 7390
PGP:0E 0F 16 80 C5 B1 69 52 E1 44 1A A5 0E 1B 74 F7     nickless at mcs.anl.gov