multicast testing

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 7 10:45:38 CDT 1999

The ANL and vBNS multicast engineering folks will be online this week. If
we could have everyone fire up vic on the multicast channel

	vic -t 127 224.2.177.155/55524

and let me know that you have done so, what machine it is running on, and
what other video streams you see, we will do some multicast route tracing
to get a feel for how our connectivity is doing and try to fix any problems
that show up.

It will be to our advantage to get the multicast connectivity fixed as much
as possible, so that we do not have to incur the delays that appear to be
introduced by the bridge at high bandwidths.

--bob