[AG-DEV] Access grid development environment set up

Andrew Ford acf0659 at rit.edu
Mon Mar 16 15:30:29 CDT 2009

2009/3/16 Steve Saed <ssaed at iupui.edu>

> Where it says install ZSI, it means download ZSI from sourceforge and then
> build it using the setup.py script. Where should I put this ZSI?

It doesn't matter where you put it initially, when you run the setup script
it will copy files into your Python directory. It should look like this:
running install
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build\lib
creating build\lib\ZSI
copying ZSI\address.py -> build\lib\ZSI
copying ZSI\auth.py -> build\lib\ZSI
copying ZSI\client.py -> build\lib\ZSI
copying ZSI\digest_auth.py -> build\lib\ZSI
copying ZSI\dispatch.py -> build\lib\ZSI
copying ZSI\fault.py -> build\lib\ZSI
copying ZSI\parse.py -> build\lib\ZSI
copying ZSI\resolvers.py -> build\lib\ZSI
copying ZSI\schema.py -> build\lib\ZSI
copying ZSI\ServiceContainer.py -> build\lib\ZSI
copying ZSI\ServiceProxy.py -> build\lib\ZSI
creating C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ZSI
copying build\lib\ZSI\address.py -> C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ZSI
copying build\lib\ZSI\auth.py -> C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ZSI
copying build\lib\ZSI\client.py -> C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ZSI
copying build\lib\ZSI\digest_auth.py -> C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ZSI
copying build\lib\ZSI\dispatch.py -> C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ZSI
copying build\lib\ZSI\fault.py -> C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ZSI
etc.

> Do I really need the code from the repository to set up the development
> environment?

If you want to modify the core Access Grid code, like the Venue Client, yes;
if it's something else, maybe not. What exactly are you trying to do?

--Andrew