[AG-DEV] 3.2 venue server problem

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Sat Jun 21 23:40:40 CDT 2008

Has anyone tried running the 3.2 venue server yet in a clean
directory i.e. no existing .dat or .cfg files? I have tried this and
although I can enter the new server's default venue with a venue
client, I cannot access the server with the venue management tool (to
create new venues etc.) even though its running on the same machine
with the same certificate.

Looking at the newly generated VenueServer.cfg file, it only has
Actions for the Everybody Role (of GetVenues & GetVersion) and no
Actions at all for the Administrators Role, whereas the previous
version venue server generates a bunch of additional Actions
available for Administrators.

chris

Christoph Willing                        +617 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland