[AG-DEV] 3.2 venue server problem

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Sun Jun 22 06:37:14 CDT 2008

On 22/06/2008, at 2:40 PM, Christoph Willing wrote:

> Has anyone tried running the 3.2 venue server yet in a clean
> directory i.e. no existing .dat or .cfg files? I have tried this
> and although I can enter the new server's default venue with a
> venue client, I cannot access the server with the venue management
> tool (to create new venues etc.) even though its running on the
> same machine with the same certificate.
>

> Looking at the newly generated VenueServer.cfg file, it only has
> Actions for the Everybody Role (of GetVenues & GetVersion) and no
> Actions at all for the Administrators Role, whereas the previous
> version venue server generates a bunch of additional Actions
> available for Administrators.

I've located the code change between 3.1 & 3.2 which causes this
problem and will submit a bug report.

For anyone interested, there are some changes starting at line 348 in
the 3.2 version of /usr/lib/..../VenueServer.py where various Actions
are set up. They don't allow in a complete authorizationPolicy being
constructed if starting from nothing i.e. no VenueServer.cfg file. It
seems OK if loading an existing authorizationPolicy from a
VenueServer.cfg file but I suspect that, even in this case, it
doesn't take any new Actions into account (admittedly a rare
occurrence, but it just happens that I'm trying to have two new
actions added for the 3.2 release).

chris

Christoph Willing                        +617 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland