[AG-DEV] AG 3.2 RPM pre-beta SVN snapshots for Fedora and RHEL

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Sat Jun 21 10:44:30 CDT 2008

Christoph Willing wrote:

> I've noticed that a sudo quirk can be responsible for some entries
> (sometimes all entries) in .AccessGrid3 being owned by root.

Interesting.  On install, I did a  'sudo rpm -Uvh AccessGrid...' from an existing non root account.
  So the RPM install creates a .AccessGrid3 subdirectory in the location the rpm command is run
from???  That seems unfortunate.  Why is the rpm install even creating these directories at all - it
seems that those should be created on VenuCelient launch if required.

> To avoid this, instead of using sudo by itself when installing etc., use:
>     sudo -H .....
> which ensures that new entries in .AccessGrid3 are owned by the user
> running sudo rather than root.

Great thx.  I'll definitely use that.

Thanks everyone,

Todd