[AG-DEV] AG 3.2 RPM pre-beta SVN snapshots for Fedora and RHEL

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Jun 20 19:12:01 CDT 2008

Hi Todd,

Todd Zimmerman wrote:
> One other issue.  On two installs now, I get a silent failure of the
> venueclient after updating.
>
> When running 'VenueClient -d' it turns out it fails with a:
>
> IOError: [Error 13] Permission denied:
> '/home/tz/.AccessGrid3/Caches/venues'
>
> When I check, sure enough, the .AccessGrid3/Caches directory is owned by
> root with no write permission to other.  After chown'ing this directory
> recursively everything is fine.
>
> I assume the rpm installation is doing this - can you check on that?

Sorry I can't explain it or reproduce it.

~/.AccessGrid3/Caches/venues is not part of the RPM package as can
confirmed by:
   rpm -ql AccessGrid-3.2

or the pre or post install scripts:
   rpm -q --scripts AccessGrid-3.2

and /usr/bin/VenueClient isn't SUID root as can be confirmed by:
   ls -l /usr/bin/VenueClient

Cheers,
Doug