[AG-DEV] AG 3.2 RPM pre-beta SVN snapshots for Fedora and RHEL

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Fri Jun 20 12:57:11 CDT 2008

Douglas Kosovic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> AccessGrid-3.2 pre-beta SVN snapshots RPMs for Fedora and RHEL5 can now
> be found here:
>   http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/ag3/fedora/development/RPMS/

One other issue.  On two installs now, I get a silent failure of the venueclient after updating.

When running 'VenueClient -d' it turns out it fails with a:

IOError: [Error 13] Permission denied: '/home/tz/.AccessGrid3/Caches/venues'

When I check, sure enough, the .AccessGrid3/Caches directory is owned by root with no write
permission to other.  After chown'ing this directory recursively everything is fine.

I assume the rpm installation is doing this - can you check on that?

Thanks,

Todd