[AG-DEV] VenueVNC for windows issues

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Fri Nov 23 19:45:03 CST 2007

G'day All

Sorry for taking so long to document this, it is just I have been flat
out.

I recently installed beta 2 on my laptop (Windows XP), and when I tried
testing VenueVNC I noticed a couple of things:

*         As always, the vncviewer executable is missing, is there any
reason why this isn't included any more as it was with AG 2???

*         Also I noticed that the VenueVNCServer python file is now also
missing, I am pretty sure it use to be included with Beta 1 (I know it
was definitely included with 3.0.2) and other lower versions.  Is this
the case, or did I simply install it incorrectly??

The reason why this is important is that a number of regions has
VenueVNC has a QA requirement and is a pain for new users to understand
why it doesn't work and then having to spend time troubleshooting it to
make it work.

Thanks,

Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.

B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

Network Engineer

Information Technology Division

Central Queensland University

High Performance Computing Support Officer

Central Queensland University

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au

Phone : 07 4930 9229

Patience is a virtue.