[AG-DEV] Tapping into the video streams

Andrew Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Nov 9 07:13:04 CST 2007

Hi,

Funny you should mention this - we seem to be having difficulty with receiving multicast locally on multicast sockets when using Java in linux.  Is this the O/S you are using, or are you using windows?  If windows, it should work.  You may need to call socket.setLoopbackMode(false) to allow packets to loop back locally.

If this is on linux, there may be a bug...

Andrew :)

Research Computing Services,
Manchester Computing,
Kilburn Building,