[AG-DEV] Custom Node Service Enabling/Disabling Problem

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Aug 11 08:21:06 CDT 2006

Todd Zimmerman wrote:
> Thomas D. Uram wrote:
>> That is an interesting mix of modules identified in the traceback.
>> Todd, does that make sense to you in the context of the installations
>> you've made on that machine?  I know that there may be AG3 code in
>> site-packages/AccessGrid
>> with Doug Kosovic's Fedora packages, so maybe that explains their
>> presence.
>> It does not, however, explain the _use_ of both of them in one execution.
>
> This does make sense - in that its actually using the correct files.
> However, why some paths are different is a little odd.

> then adds a symlink:
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid ->
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid

When I release the AG 3.0.2 Fedora RPMs next week, the sym-link isn't going
to be packaged up (like in that CVS snapshot), but will be created with a
post-install rule in the RPM spec.

That symlink has been causing problems with a 'yum update' from the AG-3.0.1
RPM where I didn't use a sym-link (complains about a directory now being a
sym-link). The python backtrace should also then be consistent.

Cheers,
Doug