[AG-DEV] Custom Node Service Enabling/Disabling Problem

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Fri Aug 11 11:54:02 CDT 2006

Thomas D. Uram wrote:
> That is an interesting mix of modules identified in the traceback.
> Todd, does
> that make sense to you in the context of the installations you've made on
> that machine?  I know that there may be AG3 code in
> site-packages/AccessGrid
> with Doug Kosovic's Fedora packages, so maybe that explains their presence.
> It does not, however, explain the _use_ of both of them in one execution.

This does make sense - in that its actually using the correct files.  However, why some paths are
different is a little odd.

I am currently running:
compat-AccessGrid-2.4-5.20060503cvs.fc5
AccessGrid-vic-2.8ucl1.1.3-4.20060619cvs.fc5
AccessGrid-rat-4.2.22-4.20060501cvs.fc5
AccessGrid-3.0.2-0.1.20060727cvs

These apparently install the following:

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid2/AccessGrid
and
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid

then adds a symlink:
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid

So the two lines from the traceback actually refer to the same location
(/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid).

This seems like it could cause issues in the future....

> The exception is likely due to the rate comparison in this code...
<snip>
> The problem can be avoided in current services by initializing the
> 'rate' attribute to zero.

Exactly what I've done.  Thanks!

Todd