OSX 2.3beta - 2 little things

Christoph Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 2 18:49:23 CST 2005

Its up & running fine on my laptop & iSight camera, with 2 minor quirks
so far.

1. when entering a room the video frame rate works up to, and remains
at, 7-8fps. It will stay there unless I hit the "Settings" button,
whereupon the fps goes up to the rate which was set up when configuring
the video device. I don't actually change any settings, just hit the
Settings button.

2. in the Settings widget itself, the quality setting seems completely
unaffected by anything I previously set up in the device configuration
widget (Node Management's VideoService->Configure...). Whatever I
configure the quality to be, higher or lower, vic always has it set to
10.

BTW (be gentle, I'm new to Macs) when the vic Settings widget comes up,
the top of it is always underneath the Mac's own menu bar, so I can't
select & drag it anywhere with the mouse. Any tips on how to do that?

chris

Christoph Willing                        Ph: +61 7 3365 8350
QPSF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland