AG Packaging 2.3 Beta

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Jul 29 02:06:26 CDT 2004

Hi Eric,

> We're looking to release a Beta for 2.3 this Monday August 2 (probably the
> end of the day or so here) and we wanted to let packagers know.
> There is no timeframe pressure from us for you guys to have packages.  It
> might be a good opportunity for you to give us some feedback about how to
> streamline the release process.  Also, we're looking to release the 2.3
> final roughly a month after the beta.

A couple of weeks ago, Ivan posted building from CVS instructions:

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/cvs-instructions.html

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/cvs-linux-example.html

The package perquisite differences between the above and
"AG-Linux-Build-HOWTO.rtf " found in:
  http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/AccessGrid/doc/
include:

  fpconst-0.7.0 instead of fpconst-0.6.0
  SOAPpy (and wstools) CVS snapshot instead of SOAPpy-0.11.4

So I'm wondering what the recommended versions for fpconst and SOAPpy would
be for the 2.3 Beta?

I've been modifying packaging/BuildPythonModules.py to use fpconst-0.7.0 and
CVS SOAPpy in the last few CVS snaphots.

Thanks,
Doug